Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Updates

I went to the doctor yesterday for my physical. The doctor ordered blood work, ECG, chest x-ray, abdominal ultrasound, and a colonoscopy. I called the doctor's office today and I got back the results of the blood tests and all the results were normal. I am still waiting to hear from the doctor when I will have to go to the hospital for the colonoscopy. I was told it could take 3 weeks before I get an appointment. The requisition has been faxed over to the hospital so now I just have to be patient. I am not looking forward to the test at all but something I need to do because of my age and history. I go back to the doctor on Monday to get the results of the rest of the tests I've completed so far.

On the fibre front, I managed to get some spinning done. I started spinning some fibre I got from Matahari Spinnery a while ago. I've already spun some of this up but I wanted to try and do more and compare it to what I did when I first got the wheel. Then I received my order from Copper Moose yesterday. I had ordered the confetti and purple twist. I couldn't wait to try the confetti so I stopped what I was doing and pulled out another bobbin and did this last night. I am going to try and fill this bobbin and then finish the Matahari fibre. I only have 4 bobbins for the woolee winder so I will have to clear those before I can finish spinning and ply the confetti.

Not much knitting going on the last few days. I have 2 more rectangles to go to finish the 4th tier on the Forest Path stole and I haven't touched the blanket since the weekend so there hasn't been any progress on that either. I think I needed a break and something that would engross me so much I would forget about my back and the tests etc.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:26 p.m., Blogger Michelle said…

    Hi Rochelle,
    I'm sure that everything will be okay but I'll be thinking about you.
    You know that colonoscopy thing, well I've been there and it's true, the preparation is possibly worse that the procedure itself.

     
  • At 6:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope everything goes well with the colonoscopy and the rest of your tests.

    I like the colors in the Matahari fiber.

     
  • At 7:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Colonoscopy with concious sedation is nothing. You will have an IV, and some "magic stuff" that will put you in dreamland. You will not be aware of or remember anything. The prep, on the other hand, is the pits. Just remember, beer is a clear liquid.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL