Sunday, November 26, 2006

Now It Makes Sense


My skein of the Fleece Artist Merino Sliver. The spinning on this was fine except the thicker spots were either the joins or the spots in the roving where I found it difficult to draft the yarn. It's my opinion that those spots had felted in the dying and it was extremely difficult to work in those areas. All in all I am happy with this and once the second roving is spun I'll knit something with it. I figured out why the skein is only 42 grams. I put the roving on the scale and it's only 43 grams. That means I only lost a gram. I thought it was a little weird that I would lose so much fibre when I did the spinning. I know I had some difficult spots but I didn't toss away tons of roving.

I managed to get some knitting time in yesterday. Not as much as I wanted. I still did some spinning. I just can't seem to stay away from the spindles. I might get to finish the doily before the end of the month. I'm going to give it my best shot.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL