Sunday, November 12, 2006

More and More Fun

I should have discovered how much fun it is to spin yarn years ago. I was so tired last night, however, I decided to pick up some of the Coopworth to see if I could spin with it. I worked on it until almost 1:00 AM and this morning I finished off the rovings I had separated last night. I just got done washing it and this is the result. There was very little twist when I took the yarn off the noddy but it was suggested that I put a bottle on the bottom after I wash the yarn to get rid of the little extra twist. So here it hangs in the bathroom with a bottle of Fabreeze attached to it. I am very pleased with the results. I could actually knit with this. I just have to spin the rest of the rovings I have and decide what I want to knit. I also have to find out if the light fleece can be dyed. I don't know yet what colour I would do but I am not loving this colour that much and if I can change it I will.
I have to thank wendychan777 from the Knitomatic group for forwarding Leah's information about the Toronto Church of Craft's spinning workshop that was being held today from 1-4pm. I had plied the yarn I had spun and couldn't remember how to wind the skein on the niddy noddy so off I went to the workshop. Kristyn was teaching with a bottom whorl drop spindle but I just continued with my top whorl spindle. I didn't really want to try the bottom because I am just getting used to the top whorl. She brought some really nice rovings with her that she has hand dyed herself. I couldn't resist getting this from her when I had been able to actually spin with it. The rovings has a nice staple length and the workshop was loads of fun. Thank you to both Leah and Kristyn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL