Saturday, October 28, 2006

TTC Knit-A-Long



What a blast. This was so much fun. I am so glad I decided to join. I left my house at 7:15 am and took the bus to Warden Station, the train to Main Street and the bus to Queen Street. It's a good thing I was early because I ended up walking the wrong way on Queen Street. The East team gathered at P.A.M.S. Here we are before we headed off to the Naked Sheep. From left to right it's Jacquie, Michelle, Katherine, Melinda, Lisa, Cristina, Nadia (hiding) and, finally, Christina. Mary Pat (pictured at the right along with Cristina) met us at the Naked Sheep. (If I misspelled any names please forgive me).

The Naked Sheep was amazing. The owner, Lorena, is very sweet and her staff was amazing. Thank you so much for the tape measure. I just love it. I tried to contain myself but I ended up getting one ball of OnLine sock yarn, one ball of Austerman Step, 2 balls of Butterfly 10 multi in a red/black mix, and one ball of a pink/purple mix.


From there we went to Romni Wool. This is the first time I have ever been to Romni. This store is HUGE. I bought 2 balls of Wool Gatto in a maroon colour to go with the forest green I bought at Mary's Yarns, 2 cones of white 2/20 tencel. I am going to have to double this stuff up because it is much finer that I originally realized. But it has a very nice sheen and with over 8,000 yards per pound I will get a lot of knitting done. Finally, I got one ball of Regia cotton sock yarn. I have never seen so many cones in one place as they have in the basement.

A bunch of us went to Second Cup to wait while everyone had their fill of Romni. It's there that I finished my mini-sock. More on that later.


We went to eat at a pub on Queen Street West. I don't know the name of the place. From left to right are Melinda, Carla and Tara. Carla and Tara joined us at Romni Wool. After a nice lunch and some much needed rest for my feet, we headed off to Lettuce Knits. This place was so crowded I was hardly able to get in the store. However, I did manage to find Handmaiden Sea Silk in 3 of the same colourways. This amazed me because I am have been looking for this stuff for the longest time. Romni and Naked Sheep didn't have 3. As luck would have it Lettuce Knits received their shipment of the yarn on Wednesday. This purchase put me over budget but I couldn't pass it up. Oh well, it wasn't too bad and it could have been much worse. Here's a look at all of my purchases.

From Lettuce we all gathered at another pub (don't know the name of this one either). Lots of prizes were handed out. Lisa won for buying the most stuff and Christina was the runner up. Lisa came from farthest for the knit-a-long. She is in from BC. I won a book called Compassionate Knitting for being the second to finish a project - my socks shown above. Other prizes were won but I can't remember the entire list.





Elvis came to the Knit-A-Long. I don't know the name of the person in the costume but I am sure someone else who was there will know. The wig is handknit and she looked amazing. Vivienne is in the middle in the Pirates outfit. Lilly is on the left. We had a wonderful chat just before I left. Lilly enjoy all your new sock yarn.

The next knit-a-long will be sometime in May. I can't wait. I'll have to start saving now. It was great getting to meet everyone. You are all an amazing bunch of women. Jacquie thank you for leading our group you did a fantastic job. Sophie thank you for all your help. Without it I wouldn't have joined today and had such a wonderful time. Beryl you are an inspiration. Michelle thank you for spending all that time talking to me and listening to me go on and on.

I am sure I am forgetting something but when/if I remember I will add it in. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. If I did, it was not intentional. Thank you all for a very very good day.

P.S. A very special thank you to the wonderful woman who took me to the train station. I should be ashamed of myself but if I don't write names down I never remember them ( I told our group that this morning when we were meeting at P.A.M.S.) I didn't write your name down and sure enough, I can't remember now. Old age is the pits. The first thing to go is memory and I never was very good with names. Give me numbers and I can remember them much easier for some reason.

Thank you Jean-Anne for making sure I got to the train safe and sound.
Thank you to everyone who helped fill in the blanks.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:29 p.m., Blogger Yvette said…

    Elvis is Sandy, aka SandiPurl. She has a serious Elvis thing goin on. And she's neato too.

     
  • At 2:28 p.m., Blogger mjm knitting said…

    Hi Rochelle

    The name of the pub we stopped at to have lunch was the Queenshead. The pub at the end of the day was the Red Room

    It was lovely to meet you.

    cheers
    Melinda

     
  • At 4:52 p.m., Blogger TigerLilly said…

    Hi Yosemite!
    It was a ton of fun chatting with you at the Red Room, coming down from our yarn buying high/frenzy!
    Hope to see you soon, enjoy your tencel knitting...you're a braver woman than I to knit with that stuff!

     
  • At 10:47 p.m., Blogger jacquieblackman said…

    Hey Rochelle -

    It was great having you on the East team! And congrats again on your 2nd Finished Object prize!

    I plan to blog about the day and the team tomorrow. I'll post all my blurry/blown-out pics from my old, tired camera. I'm going to say that they are "arty" and I meant to take them like that. (But don't tell anyone!)

    Happy knitting and we'll see you in May!

     
  • At 11:00 p.m., Blogger Michelle said…

    Hi Rochelle,
    It was just terrific spending the day with you, you were so much fun. I hope that we have an opportunity to spend some time together soon. I just can't stop thinkng about some of our conversations, you are very inspirational. Might try and join you at one of your snb's.

    Michelle

     
  • At 1:01 p.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    Hi Michelle,
    I tried to email you from the email address on your chef website and it bounced twice. Could you please email me? My email address is at the bottom of my sidebar.
    Thanks,
    /Rochelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL