Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'm Sooooo Impatient


I couldn't wait to try the new sock yarn. This yarn is really nice to knit with. And the more I knit with it the more I think it doesn't feels scratcy anymore. I do find my gauge is 10 stitches to the inch while with most other sock yarn I knit 9 sts to the inch . I think the yarn is a little finer than the other sock yarn, at least in the green colour but I am really liking this yarn. I think the yarn will work out fine for the blankets. I just have to try machine washing it and see how it holds up before I make my final decision.



This is the progress I've made on the Kroy socks. I brought a book with me to my in-laws before I started the socks but I couldn't find a pattern in there that spoke to me so I am just doing a k2 p2 ribbing for the foot and then will work the ribbing for the cuff. I know it's boring but the mindless knitting has been good for me this weekend.

I am trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with Chapters. I ordered the Arctic Lace book and it was shipped the next day. That was October 11th. When I go to their web site and try to track the shipment it STILL says it is IN TRANSIT TO THE POST OFFICE!!!!!! I live in the Greater Toronto Area. Silly me thought that since I paid for shipping and handling, because the order wasn't over $39.00 I would get it faster. Obviously, the $5.90 I had to pay for the shipping wasn't enough. I guess the more expensive shipping would have gotten it to me by now. I always say I won't order for Chapters again and then I still go ahead and do it. Will I never learn????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL