Tuesday, August 22, 2006


I'm back from vacation. I went to New York City to see the family. Here are 3 of my grandchildren. I had a great time.

Believe it or not I even managed to get knitting done. I finally finished my third Clapotis. I still have to block it but at least it's done. This one took me over a year to knit. The only time I ever had a chance to work on it was when I was out of town.

I also finished one sock from the Sensational Socks book. I don't think I like the construction. The socks are done from the toe up but you start the heel flap at least 2 inches before the heel and then you pick up the stitches for the heel gussett. I like the way the heel is done by Jackie E-S in her Basic Toe Up Sock Worksheet much better. I bought Simple Socks Plain and Fancy by Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts. I am hoping it will give me more design ideas because I would like to try and design my own socks and I want to try the short row heel.

Now that I'm home I would like to try and finish the Mystery Stole 2 (now named Scheherezade Stole). I've seen pictures of the finished stole on other peoples blogs. It is absolutely stunning. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:00 p.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    Hi Rochelle...geez, it's weird typing that spelling! LOL

    Very cute grandkids!

    Thanks for bringing the needles to SNB tonight...I covet them. Now I just have to figure out a way to get DH to "suggest" them as a gift from my family secret santa.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL