Thursday, September 28, 2006

Good Riddance


I returned the second ball of dusty pink Sisu to my LYS today. I hate that stuff. Just the thought of trying to knit the second sock or finish the first one made me shudder. I just couldn't possibly have knit another sock out of that stuff. I picked up some new sock yarn I have never used before as a replacement. This stuff is called Online Supersocke 100. Once I finish the socks I am working on I am going to have to give this yarn a try. It comes in all kinds of interesting colours. This one has purple, white and blue. The colour stated on the label is number 847.


I am getting extremely frustrated with my son Joseph's mouth. He got braces a little over a month ago. The first 2 weeks were great. The biggest problem was his complaining about how difficult it was to eat anything. That lasted about 3 days. Now I have had to make 3 emergency trips to the orthodontist in the last 3 weeks. The first visit was because he got the inside of his cheek caught in the braces and he couldn't get it disloged. He finally managed to get his cheek out but off to the dentist we went the following day. Turns out one of the wires was a bit long so they trimmed it and all was well again.

Last week one of the turbos on the inside of his mouth broke when he sneezed. The first one broke the day he got the braces but that was fine as long as he still had the second one. When the second one broke back we went. The turbos serve a dual purpose. First, they were to help his bite. The second was due to his severe overbite the turbos are supposed to help make sure he doesn't break the wires.

On Tuesday, my SnB night, I had to go back to the dentist for the third week in a row. The wire came loose on one side of his mouth so he had this long wire hanging out of his mouth. We went to the dentist then I took Joseph and Paul (DH) home, and then I went to my SnB.

All I can say is I hope this isn't the way it is going to be for the next 2 years. I don't think I will be able to take it. Joseph says I should just imagine how he feels about all this and he's right.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:08 p.m., Blogger KarenK said…

    Sorry to hear about your son's braces problems! I saw your pink sock and fell in love with the design, also sorry to hear that you had to chuck it because of poor-quality yarn. The new yarn looks very interesting, and I'll be looking forward to seeing what the lace pattern looks like in the new yarn color.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL