Sunday, September 10, 2006

Murphy's Law

I think that whoever came up with Murphy's Law had me in mind at the time. If I pick a checkout at the store it usually ends up being the slowest one. Or someone in front of me has some problem that causes a backlog. The same thing happened with my recent laptop order. After waiting for what seemed like forever, my husband finally ordered a laptop for me. I was hoping I would have it by the next SnB. My hopes were further boosted because I checked the Dell website and it said something was being sent out to me. The nice Purolator man brought me my package. Now since I was supposed to get a printer as well as the laptop I wasn't sure what was in the box and I didn't want to open it and risk any of the contents getting damaged during the drive home from work. My husband suggested I check the packing slip. I check the packing slip and guess what? Not only wasn't it the laptop but it wasn't the printer either - it was a flat panel monitor!!! I don't have any idea how they ended up shipping me a monitor. I should find out tomorrow or Tuesday how the company is going to rectify the situation. The good news is that according to the website I can now see 2 new orders for me. Since the website doesn't specify what the orders are for I can't say with complete certainty that it is the laptop and printer but I am more hopeful today then I was on Friday.

I finished my first sock test sock. I want to knit another sock with a completely different pattern and see if I like it better than the first one. I think I will do 2 odd socks (for a total of 3) and then decide which design I like the best and then make the second socks. The heels need tweaking as well. Now I just have to figure out how to find more time to knit. It should be against the law for work to get in the way of your knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL