Saturday, October 07, 2006

Socktoberfest Knitting

It has been a positively horrible week. Things have to start to get better, I hope. Thank you Maggie for all the support this week. Not to mention the help with my blog that you are always so willing to give.


I went to Wal-Mart this morning and I saw some Bernat Sox yarn. They have it in big balls now. I didn't know that. It's perfect for test knitting patterns. I bought a bright colour mix of red, green, yellow, and blue. I have some ideas for more designs that I would like to try with this. I want to try short row heels but I might try with a solid colour. From what I've heard self patterning yarn might not look as good when you do the short row toe because both sides probably won't match. I'll try it out, I think, and then decide how I want to proceed.


This month being Socktoberfest I hope I can get a lot of sock knitting done. To that end, I am working on finishing the two pairs of socks I started. This being a long weekend I should be able to get at least one pair completed. The second would be a huge bonus.

The weather is supposed to turn much colder by the end of the week. I need more yarn like a hole in the head but I want try and get some Hand Maiden Sea Silk. I've heard about this yarn shop in Newmarket that I would like to get to. Now it all depends if the weather will co-operate or not. If not, the Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival is coming soon and I didn't make it the last 2 years so I would like to try this year. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone that has 3 hanks of the same colour. It seems like there is less and less yarn stuff at this event each time I go and more stuff that isn't even sewing or craft related. For example, they sell orthodics there, eye glass cleaners etc.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians out there. I hope whoever has Monday off enjoys the long weekend. That goes to people south of the border as well since Monday is Columbus Day in the U.S.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:56 a.m., Blogger Shelley said…

    So glad to hear things are improving. :) Hope they continue to do so!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL