Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ravings and Rants


Talk about great service. I ordered more of the coned sock yarn from Grand River Yarns. I ordered it Monday night. I received it today in the mail. I like the blueberry colour better than the elderberry but for socks they will both work just fine.



Without knowing what the heck I am doing, I ordered Fleece Artists rovings as well. I will learn how to spin using a drop spindle next weekend and I can't wait to get started. The only downside is that the spinning will cut into the knitting time. The blogging cuts into the knitting time too but as long as I am having fun what the heck?

Be warned, rant mode on.

Yesterday I had an appointment at the hospital for an MRI of my left knee. They told me the appointment was for 5:15. I HATE being late so I got there early. Very early as a matter of fact. I was there by 4:30. Then some woman comes and asks me all the apporpriate questions and I answer them. I'm told to change into those disgusting hospital gowns but if the person in front of me that's late shows up they will have to take her first. Sure enough after I am done changing I'm told the girl showed up. I wasn't going to change back into my clothes again. She went in for her test at 5:15. When I asked the technician about it I was told that my appointment wasn't until 5:45. I was told 5:15, I say. Well we tell the patients a half an hour earlier than their appointment so they can get here and do the interview and change etc. and be ready for their scheduled scan time. WHY WASN'T I TOLD THIS????? I would never have shown up that early if I knew all I was going to do was sit around there for an appointment that was later than I exected.

The one positive thing about all that waiting was the knitting I managed to get done. I did the gusset and heel turn while I was waiting and started the heel flap by the time I was called inside. I finished the rest of the heel flap and part of the leg at our bi-weekly SnB last night. I hope I finish the first sock tonight and get the second one started. Once these are done I have one more pair I would like to finish before the end of the month and then I will move on to other things. I'm getting a little tired of socks.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:09 p.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    Rochelle, that sucks about your appointment. Maybe you're too nice...DH used to walk in for his appts (PMH) and tell reception how long he was prepared to wait before he had to leave. He was always early and was always willing to wait a reasonable length of time (45mins or so) but he did keep everyone on his toes!

    The sock yarn is lovely (I broke down and ordered myself a set of knitpics dpns for my sock endeavour. I agree with you SNBers that 2.0 makes the nicest Fleece Artist sock fabric, but I couldn't tough out bamboo or aluminium needles for the project.)

    Good luck with the spinning! Our next SNB is right after your class and I'm expecting lots of samples!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL