Saturday, November 11, 2006

Progress So Far

I haven't had the time to spin for the last few days. Any efforts after the class last weekend were pretty bad. I bought some Fleece Artists Blue Faced Leichester rovings in a blue colourways and the results were dismal at best. I tried again tonight with some light Coopworth. It's not even but it is 100% better than the blue. I think the difference this time was the pre-draft. I split the rovings I took out of the bag into 4 parts. By trying it this way my fibre supply was not as wide and it was much easier for me to draft this way. Not to mention the fact that I didn't have as much trouble keeping the twist out of the fibre supply. I also managed to spin a little bit without having the spindle parked. I made sure to give the spindle a very light spin so that the spin wouldn't get away from me and keep me from drafting and then having backtwist. Once I get better at drafting and spinning I'll have to work on my cop. I think the way I am doing it now it is affecting the balance of the spindle. Tomorrow they are having a spinning workshop in the Beaches that I am going to attempt to get to. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL