Tuesday, November 14, 2006

By Jove I Think I've Got It!!!

What you see is the result of spinning while standing!! I think I finally know what I was doing wrong. I was trying to over spin the spindle. When I just give the spindle a soft twist, it spins enough for me to spin the yarn but not so fast that I have to worry about backspin or the twist getting caught up in the fibre supply. I managed to spin almost the entire length of the rovings I broke off while I was standing. This is so much easier on my shoulders, back and neck. The yarn has some uneven spots but it is the most even yarn I have done so far. I joined 3 yahoo spinning groups and with some advice from some very nice people, I think I am going to make this into a single ply yarn to knit some lace with. There will still be some nubbing, especially at the begninng of the skein but that's alright. It just adds to the charm of the yarn. Oh and I thought I would mention, the roving is South African Fine Wool. It's very very nice to spin.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:07 p.m., Blogger LDSVenus said…

    It looks very even, you should definatley be proud :}. I hear the excitment in your words as well, it is rather addictive isn't it :}. hehe

     
  • At 10:20 a.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    Have no fear Kimberly. I am bring the spindle and some rovings to our SnB on Tuesday so you'll have a chance to see what I am talking about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL