Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My First 50g Skein


I managed to do some more spinning last night. I had to ply it up last night because the spindle was getting to heavy. This is what I managed to do from the rovings I got from Kristyn at the workshop on Saturday. The roving has some mohair in it so by the time I was done spinning I looked like I had a cat in the house.
I think I would like another spindle. I have more roving now and I think it's like more than one knitting project. If I want to spin different rovings I'll have to have more than one spindle. I'm giving it some tought. I'll decide in a couple of weeks what I want to do.
I am able to stand and spin for little bits of time now. I also stand when I do the plying. I'm very surprised that the spinning is pretty balanced because when I take it off the niddy noddy there is almost no twist. I have no idea how I am managing that one. The entire process was easier this time. It didn't take me as long to do the Andean plying method and I remembered how to wind the skein on the niddy noddy. This was still done with the help of diagrams but it didn't take me a long time to figure out the directions of the diagrams. Overall I am pleased with my progress but I am impatient to get the yarn closer to what I am looking for.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:22 p.m., Blogger LDSVenus said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 7:24 p.m., Blogger LDSVenus said…

    Great looking skein :), your spindle is also beautiful. Keep up the good work, I know it will bring you hrs of pleasure :}. I'm spinning some Yak down right now, it's on my blog, when you go to blogger just click on "my web page". :}

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL