Sunday, November 19, 2006

Practice Really Does Make A Difference

This is the latest attemp at making a skein of yarn. I plied this one because the yarn wasn't as nubby as the single ply I did. This is the BFL rovings from Fleece Artist.and I am only sorry I ruined the first bit of it. This skein is 30 grams. I'm not sure what I'll knit with it but I will do something. I emailed Gemini Fibres to see if they have anymore of it in the same colourway. If they do I will be able to spin some more. If not I don't know. I tried getting more yesterday and I wasn't successful. I do have some navy BFL to spin so maybe I'll mix it with the navy. My spinning still isn't completely even but I am very very happy with the way it came out.

I started spinning the Fleece Artist Merino rovings I have. I am pleasantly surprised. I was told that Merino is very difficult for a beginner to spin because the staple length is shorter than Coopworth or Corriedale. So far I haven't had any problem with this stuff which makes me wonder if it is really merino.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL