Friday, November 17, 2006

Too Many Addictions

My knitting time has seriously been compromised since I started spinning. I have only done 2 repeats on my Lacevember project in the past 2 weeks!!!! That's only 40 rows of knitting. Ok so I am almost done with repeat 7 so it's a little more than 40 but still. I should have been done with the first side by now.
Having said that, I am trying to do a single ply yarn and I am not going to spin anymore until I have a chance to knit with it and see how it behaves. The spindle was getting too heavy so I decided to wind what I had spun onto the noddy. I don't have a PVC noddy yet. Paul has to make me one. We just have to get to the hardware store for the parts. I should be able to get that done this weekend, I hope. Since I didn't want to wet my wood noddy I had to take the yarn off the noddy when I gave it a bath. It instantly curled up like crazy. So I bathed it in hotish water for 15 minutes, squeezed it out in a paper towel and it is now hanging on the shower rod with a spritz bottle hanging from it to keep it straight. When it's dry I will wind it into a ball and post a picture.

My daughter, Henny, now has a knitting blog and I am so proud of her. I just added the link to my sidebar.
P.S. Here is the picture of the yarn wound into a centre pull ball. It could be more even but the skein wasn't twisting anymore when it dried. Now to knit something small and see how the yarn behaves.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:39 p.m., Blogger Beth said…

    That is BEAUTIFUL!
    I can't wait to see what you knit with it.

     
  • At 7:10 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    I know what you mean - since I got bitten by the spinning bug I haven't accomplished anything!

    Your yarn looks lovely - are you going to keep it as a single or do another and ply it?

     
  • At 7:28 a.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    This I kept as a single. I knit with it and the results aren't too bad. The twist did come out once I had it hanging with weight so the skein is balanced and the knitting isn't biasing so that's good. What I would like to eventually accomplish is be able to spin fine enough to get a lace weight with 2 ply.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL