Monday, November 27, 2006

Home Made PVC Noddy

Paul and I finally made it to the hardware store. First we went to Canadian Tire but all of the pvc pipes we saw were too wide. The smallest we were able to find were 1 1/4" pipe. There was a Home Depot across the stree so we went there next. We found some 1/2" pvc pipe and all of the pieces have screw ends so we were able to just screw everything together. It's pretty cool. I just got done washing all of the muck from the tags off the plastic. Goo Gone works wonders to help with that. I'll try spinning some single ply again and use the pvc noddy to skein and wash it all together and see how it works. The cost was about $10, before taxes. It might be a little more expensive then using other pvc pipe but it is much easier for assembly. Even I was able to do it. The length is just about 15 inches from t-bar to t-bar. That will make longer skeins than my Roger Hawkins noddy. That noddy is 9 inches. I can't wait to try it but I have to get more knitting done. I still want to finish that doily. Hope springs eternal.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:00 a.m., Blogger Beth said…

    Great Niddy! I love the black and white. You have definitely got a unique one. Now I think I might look into one of those colorful ones for myself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL