Monday, September 24, 2012

Life Is Getting Back To Normal

I've been back at work for 3 weeks now and I'm not as tired at the end of the day anymore.  I'm getting out and about to all the things I was doing before the surgery.  There is one little glitch, however.  I was having pain in my left leg.  It started on Wednesday.  I thought it was the incision that was bothering me again and I couldn't figure out why.  When I got ready for bed Wednesday night I noticed there was a red area below the incision on the left leg.  It wasn't getting any better so I went to the surgeon on Friday and he's put me back on Keflex.  The antibiotic must be working because the pain is improving and so is the redness in the area.  The only down side to this is the meds are really making me sick this time.  I have no idea if it was like this when I was on the Keflex right after surgery and again when I had the first infection, but I don't recall being this nauseated by it.  I haven't been able to go on the treadmill since Friday and that has me feeling a little down.  I took some ginger Gravol and I'm hoping by the time I get home from work today I'll be feeling well enough to be able to get on the treadmill. 

Knitting has been productive.  I knit two Buttercup tops - one in Hempathy and the other in Katia Degrande Sun.  I'm having a bit of a challenge trying to figure out the size to knit.  The Hempathy top is too big and I'm sending it off to someone.  The Katia was better but it still needs tweaking.  Now I'm working on Hey Hey My My.  It's my first attempt at a contiguous sleeve and I must admit I like the way it works up.  It just might become my sleeve of choice and will definitely be my construction of choice for top down sweater knitting.  I'll have pictures as soon as I can get around to taking them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL