Monday, August 13, 2012

Getting There

The nurse has been coming to the apartment daily since I came home from the hospital on Wednesday.  She says that things are progressing nicely.  The healing is faster than she thought it would be based on her assessment when she saw me on Thursday.  The draining from my left thigh is very little now.  I didn't notice anything after I had my shower this morning but the nurse covered it just to play it safe.  We don't want any funky little bugs getting in the opening where the draining was.  The left breast is still draining after the leak it sprung on Thursday and today looked a little worse than it did yesterday.  The nurse said there was an abscess where the draining was occuring and she squeezed it.  Not a very pleasant experience but necessary and I've been through worse than that over the course of this journey.

I finally built up enough confidence to actually leave the apartment on Saturday.  I went to the drug store to get some liquid vitamin E and then I did a quick stop at a Creative just to say hi.  I didn't hang around much and, believe it or not, I didn't even pick up my knitting. Yesterday Paul and I went to Costco and grocery shopping and then over to my FIL for a few hours.  By the time I got home I was so tired I never did manage to go on the treadmill. 

Not much knitting has gone on since I got home.  Funny enough I was knitting more in the hospital than I have since I got home.  I'm knitting a scarf with left over sock yarn and it will join other scarves our Relay for Life team knit that goes to cancer patients. 

More to follow as time allows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL