Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 4 After Surgery

It felt so good to sleep at home last night.  I had a low grade fever and kinda freaked out.  I was crying because I was scared and I thought the bandages were starting to come off and I thought I could see the incision on my upper left thigh.  Paul had a look and he said no.  I took two Extra Strength Tylenol and when I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the washroom my fever was gone.  I'm hoping it stays that way.  I'm moving a little easier even though I sometimes wonder if I am.  My upper arms are black and blue but they don't hurt much.  The part of me that hurts the most isn't even an incision part.  I have a rash from the tape (even though they used the paper tape) along the tape on the middle of my back from the back lift incision.  I will look forward to being a week post op. I thinking the first week will be the worst.  Tomorrow I go back to see the surgeon and I'm looking forward to him telling me all my worrying is for nothing so stop worrying and just heal.

I managed to go on the treadmill twice yesterday.  I only plan on doing .5 MPH for now and only 5 minutes at a time.  But I have a history of blood clots so I must move so I can keep my circulation going.  I still tire so easily and I don't seem to have very good control of my emotions right now and cry at the drop of a hat.  I'm lucky.  I have a very patient husband and he is here for me 100% of the time. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL