Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 11

I went to the wound treatment centre yesterday and the nurse changed the bandages on my legs and chest.  The rest of the bandages will most likely be changed on Friday when I go back to see the doctor at the Plastic's Clinic.  The nurse liked the way the incision is looking on both thighs.  The right thigh is still oozing but I've noticed a considerable drop in the amount on the bandage over the last 24 hours compared to any day prior to today.

Yesterday afternoon when I tried to walk on the treadmill I suddenly experiences a burning in the area of the right thigh that is still oozing.  I immediately had to get off the treadmill and every step was that same burning in the same spot.  I ended up going straight to bed and, honestly, I was scared stiff.  My surgeon is on vacation this week and next so I just figured if it wasn't better today I would call the nurse at the wound treatment centre and see what she had to say.  I'm not feeling the burning this morning and I think I agree with my husband's opinion that it might have been a cramp of some sort but in a very specific area.  As a result, I only went on the treadmill once today and not as fast as I have been but, just in case, I don't want to risk any damage and I figure it's best to be cautious.


I'm able to sit for longer periods of time now and therefore am actually knitting.  Just before the 13th I cast on the second Philosophers Walk sock.  I finished it this morning and blocked it.  It's drying on the blocking wire now and I put the first one next to it.  As with the first sock, knitting the second sock was just pure pleasure.  Oh and as an aside, the only change I did with these socks is I was using 2.25mm needles instead of 2.0mm needles. The only downside for me in knitting colour socks is I can't knit them without the chart so it's a home project.

That's why when I was at the hospital on Friday morning sitting in the day surgery area waiting around to be called, I cast on another pair of socks.  The yarn is Knit Picks Felici Fingering in colour Tiki.  This yarn is so soft!! I'm knitting them two at a time and the first part from the toes to the heels were knit while waiting around at the hospital - first for surgery and then followup appointments at the hospital.  I hope to get them done today or tomorrow and then move on to whatever WIP I decide to pick up.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:29 p.m., Blogger chefmichelle said…

    So nice to see you posting again so that I can keep up with you. I do miss our old knit nights.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL