Sunday, October 21, 2007

Puzzle Unraveled

I have been busy all week trying to get the scarf for my ISE5 partner worked out. The pattern is from Let's Knit Series 3. It's on page 25, I think. When I saw this pattern I just knew I had to make it for my ISE exchange. I was going to use the elann.com 100% aplaca but it didn't work. Instead I am using Schoeller Esslinger Merino Soft. I'm pleased to say that since the two knots in less than 6 inches, I have not encountered another knot in the other 2 balls I have used so far. I'm about to wind another ball and I might need one more after that to complete the edging. I have to admit I am very pleased with the results so far. I just hope my ISE partner will feel the same way. I really do need to thank everyone on the Knitting In Japan Yahoo group. I never would have been able to get this scarf done without them. I am now in the middle of chart D. I've changed the way the pattern tells you to do it. You're supposed to work chart D in that hollowed out section between B and C and then pick up the stitches at the beginning of C until you get around to the next "hollow/arc" section. All sts are supposed to remain live on the needle. Since I've made this scarf longer than it stated (15 sections instead of 9) I didn't want all those sts to get in my way as I worked around. So I am casting off D instead and using single crochet around B till I get to the next D chart. Confused? I think it will be a lot better for me this way. I hope I can get all the D sections done today and then finish this scarf either today or tomorrow.

Yesterday I went to The Black Lamb to change the drive wheel on my Little Gem. The drive wheel that was on the wheel when I bought it was warped and very wobbly so Laurie ordered a new one for me. The drive was much more pleasant that I thought it was going to be. As many of you know, I am not a fan of driving even though I do it all the time. I left home just after 9. I got to Laurie just after 10 and left around 11:45 and was home just after 1 (with a stop at wally world) You would not believe the amount of fibre I saw there. Incredible. You know the saying "The one who has the most yarn wins," well Laurie wins in the fibre department. I can't go there and come home empty handed. I bought 3 bags of pencil roving. The one on top is lipstick the other one is a gorgeous olive green and the one on the right is an off white/taupe colour. I could have bought much more but I also bought a cone of merino/nylon in off white for some baby blankets I have to do so I was maxed out by the time I left. The wheel is working great now. I just have to be able to stay awake at night so I can get more time to spin, knit and anything else I want to do to relax and have fun.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yipee on all accounts, figured out the scarf, got the drive band and practiced stash enhancement. What a good weekend you had!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL