Sunday, October 07, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

First, I would like to wish all those who celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow a very Happy Thanksgiving.

It has been a very productive long weekend for me so far. I spent the majority of the day yesterday plying the two bobbins I had of the Fleece Artists Merino Sliver. I can't believe how long it took me to ply. I did stop from time to time to walk and stretch but I am guessing it too me at least 4 hours to ply. When the first bobbin ran out I decided to play with navajo plying for the rest of the second bobbin. The small skein you see that is twisted is the 3 ply. I had to REALLY concentrate on slowing down my treading so the yarn wouldn't be over plied. I still think it is to a small degree but I can honestly say I am very pleased with the result. The 2 ply is drying on the noddy right now. That's the straight yarn you see in this picture. I have to admit that this is the best I have achieved so far. I am definitely going to knit something with this. I just am not sure yet. The plying and or singles still need a bit of work but this yarn is more consistent in the spinning and the plying. I honestly believe the difference in the fast whorl I got for the Little Gem. I love that whorl.

I just started spinning some pencil roving I bought from The Black Lamb at the Knitter's Fair last month. This stuff, like so much of the fibre I've gotten from Laurie, practically spins itself. I am thinking I am going to make this a singles lace weight yarn. I am interested to see how it comes out. I'll keep you posted once it's finished.

We went to my in-law's for our Thanksgiving family get together. I always have to have some knitting with me so I decided to start the October Sockamania Club socks. This month the sock is called Enchanted. I am in the middle of the gusset shaping now. I should hopefully get the first sock done tomorrow. Yarn is Lang JaWoll Cotton superwash in colour 54. The picture doesn't really do the colour justice. It is turning out much nicer than I thought it would. I've had this yarn in my stash for quite some time and this pattern was calling for this yarn.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL