Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Slow Boat?

Yesterday was Halo 3 day. Lets go back to March when hubby asked me to pre-order Halo 3 Legendary Edition. Why pre-order since we don't own an Xbox 360? It's a collector's edition I'm told, and very limited so pre-order it I did. To make a very long story short, due to changes in the stores credit card company I was told I can't use the store card anymore and need to apply for another one. I didn't bother. Flash forward to last week and I realized I pre-ordered with said credit card that I was told is no longer good. Hubby said, no worries, I can just get the game from the store. In store pre-orders come with a hat and t-shirt that Joseph wanted so pre-order it he did. I try to cancel the order and the website won't let. No worries, I say, because I was told that I can't use my card anymore right? Wrong! Guess what showed up at the office yesterday? I received the ship email late yesterday morning and sure enough just before noon this HUGE box arrived. Now I have 2 Halo 3 Legendary Editions and no Xbox 360. Paul has to decide if he wants to sell it or if I will return it to the store this weekend.

I was hoping that yesterday might be my lucky day and my winder would finally arrive. No such luck. I know this has to go threw customs but how was this thing sent? Was it sent by slow boat? I paid $19 for shipping to Canada. You would think that meant something. If it doesn't arrive today I am going to email and see if there is a tracking number for the package.

My winder might not have arrived yesterday but the first of the stitch markers from my stitch marker exchange arrived. These are from Barb. One of the great things about this exchange is you get to see how other people make their markers and it gives you ideas. I just LOVE these markers. Thank you Barb!!!

Last night was Snb night and Maggie brought me some of her hand dyed yarn. You can find her shop here. I can't even express how much I love these colours. Unfortunately, the picture really doesn't do them justice at all. They look so much better in person. The colours, from top to bottom, Afternoon Tea, Bubble Gum, Hanging Basket, and Jellybean. The Afternoon Tea is her Seasocks and the rest are Superwash Merino yarn. Which colour to knit first? I have no idea yet. Now I want a colour made special for my SP Pal. I can't wait to see what she does.

Keep your fingers crossed that the winder arrives today. I'll update tonight.

Update:
The winder didn't arrive today either. I emailed and am waiting for a reply.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:54 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we ordered on the same day and my winder hasn't arrived yet either. I broke down last night and emailed him - they're going to check. I find it hard to believe that something shipped on Sept 2 would take that long myself. But you know the postal system...

     
  • At 6:01 p.m., Blogger N. Maria said…

    I love those markers!
    ....and I love your yarn.

    Life seems to be grand when you have a SP.
    I don't have one but want one. It will have to wait until I get settled in my new place.

     
  • At 12:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pretty stitch markers and yarn!

    Sometimes it seems like mail between the US and Canada goes quickly. Other times, it seems to take a side trip or something. Hope you get your Woolee Winder soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL