Saturday, September 08, 2007

A Day At The Fair

Yesterday, for some reason, I had my days mixed up. When Paul got up I told him to go back to bed because it was Saturday. He just laughed and said it was already a short week and I wanted to make it shorter. Turns out it was a good thing it was Friday and not Saturday. I wasn't feeling at all well and if the Knitter's Fair had been yesterday I would have stayed home. Lucky for me it really was Friday. Honestly, whoever decided that women need to go through certain things on a monthly basis was CRUEL. Horrific and unbearable pain to go along with it is even more cruel. I don't think I have ever experience pain like I did yesterday. I finally caved and took some medicine. An hour after I took the pills I had no more pain. So why did I wait so long to take the stuff? I guess I kept hoping it would get better but instead it just got worse and worse.

Today was a totally different story. I woke up this morning bright and early and had cramping but not real pain. I could live with this. I met Kimberly just before 8 and off we went to Kitchener/Waterloo for the Knitter's Fair. You'd think after having driven to New York City more than once a one hour + drive would be a breeze. For some reason I always get nervous. I should not have fretted. The drive was a breeze. Of course it helped that I had company in the car.

First stop was at The Black Lamb. I brought my Little Gem II for Laurie to check out. The drive wheel seems to be wobbling and I wanted to ask her about it. Paul said it's the drive wheel and he was right. The drive wheel is warped so Laurie is going to order another one. I can still use the wheel the way it is as long as the drive band stays on. Great customer service. I also couldn't go to her booth and not buy fibre now could I? On the right is merino pencil roving. The colour is green and not yucky like the picture shows. On the left is a merino/bamboo mix. I just loved the colours and couldn't pass them up. Once I get the Woolee Winder I will attempt to spin the bamboo and see how it goes.

After The Black Lamb we headed off to Gemini Fibres. I spoke to Cheryl a while back looking for some lighter Forrester spindles. She brought back a few lighter weight spindles when she went to Mr. Forrester and I chose the one on the left. It's 13.79 grams and I just love the way it spins. The wood is Egyptian Olive.

I also bought this cotton kit. I want to learn how to spin cotton and when I asked Cheryl if she carried cotton fibre she had the kit you see on the right. It comes with a Tahkli spindle. Now I have to figure out how to use it. There is a flyer that came with the kit. I have to read it as soon as I have some free time.

After Gemini we just walked around. The place was getting a bit too crowded for my taste so I was just about ready to go home. I went out to the cafeteria area and had a wonderful conversation with someone from the Aurora Knitter's Guild. Then I decided I wanted to go back to the Cabin Fever booth. I couldn't pass up the kit on the left. It will make such a cute project bag.

The drive home seemed to go even quicker than the drive there. I am so glad I decided to drive. Now I can go to Port Hope without an hesitation because the distance is just about the same to go to Kitchener/Waterloo as it is to Port Hope - just in the opposite direction.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice purchases! The spindle is lovely. One of these days when I have more time, I'm going to get one of the cotton spinning kits. I've been curious about spinning cotton.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL