Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What A Day

Yesterday really was the most amazing day. When the postman arrived at work in the morning he brought me this. I am not too sure about the Fourth of July colourway on the left but I like the Canyon Sunrise and the Phlox. Now I just have to decide what they want to be. With everything on my plate right now it will be a little while.
After work I went to Newmarket and That Bead Lady. I bought some beads and had fun walking around the store and looking at all the wonderful stuff. Next time I go to Newmarket I have to go to Unwind Yarns because I am told it isn't far from That Bead Lady and since I found my way to one I can surely find my way to the other.

Maggie met me at That Bead Lady. I bought some size 8 and size 11 beads in different colours and one of these days I WILL knit one of those beaded purses.

I really do have to say a special thank you to Maggie and Gemini Fibres. In November of 2006 I drove up to Mt. Albert for a spindle spinning class at Gemini. Since then I can't even count how many times I've driven up to Keswick where Maggie lives and to Mt. Albert. It's because of all those drives north of the city that I went to see Stephanie aka The Yarn Harlot last night in Aurora. I really wasn't sure what to do. I was looking forward to it until I realized that the night Stephanie would be in Aurora was our wedding anniversary. Paul and I discussed it and he told me to just go. You don't have to tell me twice so I went.

Maggie and I got there pretty early so we walked to Needles & Knits first. The owner was wearing the most gorgeous black stole. Guess what, it was the Mystery Stole 3 with the wing and did I mention it was gorgeous!!! I was stunned. She used Dawn in black and black beads. She put more beads than called for. I can't wait to finish and block mine. If it is half as nice as hers it will be amazing. I still want to knit another Mystery symmetrically so I bought this Dawn yarn for another stole. 5 would be enough for the pattern as written but since I want to add the extra rows in clue 4 to get a little more width I bought 6 balls. I matched it to some beads I bought at That Bead Lady so I am set to go.
I also bought this Misty Alpaca and there was another lovely lavender colour that I have my eyes on.
After some stash enrichment (hey it was my anniversary after all, I just bought myself an anniversary present) Maggie and I headed back to Aurora United Church to wait for the evenings festivities. Stephanie did not disappoint. I went to the book signing in Toronto and I laughed as hard last night as I did in June. What a hoot. She really is just amazing. Since I had to take Maggie back to Keswick, then drive back to Scarborough, and since we had already shopped at Needles & Knits, Maggie and I did not go back to the yarn shop afterwards. I drove Maggie home and then went home.
Look what was waiting for me on top of my laptop when I got home. It is just too sweet. See I told you I had the most wonderful husband in the entire world.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:55 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That really does sound like an awesome day! It will be nice when my lil ones are just a wee bit bigger and I get out more often to different events.

     
  • At 6:15 p.m., Blogger Michelle said…

    What a great day you must have had and your husband is tooooo sweet!
    Miss you, Michelle

     
  • At 6:49 p.m., Blogger Vaedri said…

    Aw. How sweet! Happy Anniversary!

     
  • At 1:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Anniversary and you got to meet up with YH again what a day. I loved seeing you on the YH blog you lucky girl. That was a nice anniversary pressie hubby gave you.....Hugs Miz Cat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL