Monday, August 06, 2007

Frogged!

Since I finished the Scheherezade stole and clue 5 of mystery stole 3, I decided to get back to work on the Moon Dance stole. I am using a gray zephyr that didn't quite get along with Kimberly. I didn't think I would have enough for the full stole because I can't get more than what I have and all I have is just under 70 grams. Instead of casting on 101 sts I cast on 61 thinking that would be enough width for a scarf. This morning, after finishing 13 of 16 repeats of chart B I decided I would have too much yarn left over and I didn't want it to go to waste. Solution? I ripped all that work out and started over casting on 81 sts instead. I hope it works this time and I don't run out. If I do I have an idea of what I will do. I can try and get some black zephyr and do both borders in black. That will solve the problem entirely and I still think the stole will look alright. I'll just have to make sure I have very good lighting because black and my eyes don't get along very well.

Well it's back to knitting. Maybe I'll get caught up to where I was by the end of the month. The stole will be put aside soon for other knitting that has deadlines and it's back to work tomorrow. YUCK!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, Anonymous sydney said…

    That's too bad. I'm a terrible of judge of yarn needs, especially with lace.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 

AddURL