Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday Morning Blues

Joseph once told me that he wished that the weekday and weekend were reversed. This way he would go to school 2 days a week and be off 5 days a week. Wouldn't I love that. The weekend goes by way too quickly.

I did have a dizzy sort of day yesterday so there was no spinning but I did manage to get some knitting done. No pictures today. I'll try and get some in the sun this afternoon. I finished clue 4. I repeated rows 219-302 because I was afraid the stole would be too short otherwise. The yarn I am using is very fine lace weight and I'm using 2.75mm needles. I did make one mistake but it won't be noticeable unless you look very closely. I did not read in the instructions for lengthening or shortening to adjust the chart for the beads and so I did the beads as shown on the original. That means there is one spot where the beads are closer together than they should be but I was way to far up to even attempt to rip back by the time I noticed that little note in the pattern.

Since I finished the latest clue what better time to get back to mystery stole 2 aka Scheherezade. I couldn't find my pattern so I printed it off again. I am amazed at how easily I was able to find my spot. I finished side 1 through row 251 when the "half" of the skein I was using ran out. So I am working on the other half now and I just finished clue 4. I should be able to finish clue 5 by tomorrow. Clue 6 is pretty short and then the edging. When I split the ball it was after I had already started and they weren't exactly split evenly. I am going to finish this side completely and then go back to the other side. I had bought another hank of the Fleece Artist yarn I am using just in case but based on how far the ball went, I am pretty confident I should have enough without using the second hank. Now I just have to decide if I want to keep this hank or see if the yarn shop will swap it for another colour. I've had the yarn for almost a year so I would understand if they don't. If not, I might reknit the current mystery stole in this yarn to get a larger stole.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:20 p.m., Blogger MezzoDiva said…

    Or - I'll buy a colour you want and swap you for it!

     
  • At 4:01 p.m., Blogger N. Maria said…

    You DO sound blue. I hope you are feeling no blues today and that we get to see a picture of your stole. This was my first MS so I don't have the pattern for the 2nd. When you finish, please post a picture so I can see it!!
    Your knitting is very, very good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL