Saturday, July 21, 2007

Ready for August

The Serpentine socks, the July sock from the Sockamania Club, are now complete. I just finished re-knitting the first sock. When I knit the first sock I was worried about yardage so I made the cuff about 2 inches shorter. On the second sock I decided to make the foot a little bit shorter so I was able to make the cuff longer. I liked the way the second sock fit better than the first so I ripped the first sock back to where I began the gusset shaping on the second sock and re-knit it. I can't begin to say how much I loved this pattern. I did change it just the slightest bit by doing the cables every 4th round instead of 3. I couldn't use the 2.5mm needles that I started with because the sock was coming out too big. I was afraid if I kept the 3 round repeat on the cables it might be too tight using the 2mm needles. The fit is perfect and I actually found this heel construction was easy to avoid the holes on the side of the gusset. This is the first time I used this heel construction. I think I finally have the wrap and turn under control and I should be able to try the short row toe next.

The yarn used is Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino in colour Fiesta on 2mm needles. I love this yarn. I like the way it looks and the way it feels. It is a joy to work with. The only thing I wish is that it had a bit more yardage. I would have tried to make the cuff length a little longer. Other than that, I have to get more of this yarn.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:45 a.m., Blogger Michelle said…

    Hi Rochelle!
    Yay, I can finally post on your blogs again! I too learned wrap and turn for bust shaping while I was knitting up Coachella. It took 3 tries to get it right and I had to resort back to English knitting. I have gained a bit (4 Kg) of weight while I was away and I'm going back on Atkins Induction until I get back to my goal weight.
    It will probably take me 3 months to take off my summer gain plus my winter creep. I'm gonna do something on my blog to mark my efforts and progress, I'll let you know.
    We could be buddies on this.

     
  • At 8:42 a.m., Blogger Joan said…

    I am so jealous of spinners. I tried a lesson and it was a disaster. No hand/eye/foot coordination. Your yarn is gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL