Sunday, July 08, 2007

Forest Path Blocked

I finally got around to taking some pictures of the blocked stole today. Unfortunately, it was a gray rainy day. Paul tried to take a picture of me holding the shawl but it was taken inside and it came out really blurry. I'll see if I can get more pictures taken tomorrow and post them. If not, these will just have to do.

Pattern: Forest Path Stole
Cast on: Feb. 9, 2007
Cast off: June 19, 2007
Yarn Used: Crystal Palace Yarns - CK Linen - 100% Linen - Colour Jade
Needles: Knit Picks Options 3.25mm

I don't know the yardage because I knit from the cone.
Finished Measurements: Approximately 38" wide x 80" long.
I completed 19 tiers instead of 23 and I think it was a good thing. It would have been way too long if I had gone even up to 21 tiers.

All in all I am very pleased with the final result. The stole gets softer and softer the more it is handled. When I first started knitting with the linen I was worried I might have made the wrong yarn choice. In the end I love the way it looks and feels.


I did my spinning for the Tour de Fleece this morning while I was watching the first real stage of the race. That gave me time to work on the July socks for the Sockamania club this afternoon while we were at my in-laws doing laundry. I finished the heel on the first sock and I knit it according to the way it is written in the pattern. I am glad that I ripped out the first sock and changed to the smaller needles. They fit my foot nicely. The heel looks great and now it's onto the cuff.


4 Comments:

  • At 8:51 p.m., Blogger Katie K said…

    Your shawl is surely beautiful but please photograph it again against a contrasting background because the pattern is lost against that fence.

     
  • At 9:34 p.m., Blogger Agnes said…

    Congratulations on finishing the stole. Have you worn it yet? As Gail said, it's a good excuse to dine out in a good restaurant. :)

     
  • At 8:44 a.m., Blogger Jane Prater said…

    Love the shawl. It's on my To Do list. Also took your sock pattern. I never knit toe up, but this tempts me. It's lovely. Visit me at merelyasuggestion.blogspot.com

     
  • At 7:22 p.m., Blogger Vaedri said…

    Oh, wow - that shawl is just lovely!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL