Thursday, July 05, 2007

I *Heart* elann.com

These cones came from elann.com yesterday. I'm on vacation this week but I have my orders sent to work. On the way back from Romni I passed by the office to check if the order had arrived. I am so pleased that it did. Unfortunately, the colours in the pictures are a little off. They are about as close as I could get them. I know they are in the plastic for the pictures. I tried taking them out the first time and the pictures were even worse than these soI decided to try with the plastic bags. Much better but I need to learn how to manipulate some photo editor much better than I can at the present time. This is carnation and chartreuse. I think the chartreuse is a little lighter than it looks here.
This is the coral and the buttercup. My first reaction to the buttcup is it was way more yellow than I was expecting. I love love love the coral. Again, the pictures don't do them justice.
This is the fawn. When I saw this colour I thought it was a lot lighter shade than I had thought it would be. Colour pictures from a digital camera are a funny thing. I don't know the mechanics of it all. I just know if you use a flash with certain colours it will look totally different. That's why I love my Casio d.c. so much. It makes taking pictures without a flash very easy.

When I was looking at this yarn yesterday I realized something. I started reflecting on the Knit From Your Stash 2007 and how I've done so far. First, I am going to take the countdown off my side bar. I think I will change it to something else. However, I think because of the KFYS I have definitely not bought as much yarn as I would have otherwise. I think if this is done again in 2008 I would have to exclude lace weight yarn along with the sock yarn. I can't resist a good buy on lace yarn. But then again, maybe that's why I should keep it in there so I could learn some restraint. I tried. That's better than not giving it a shot at all. I still have the summer to go with this. However, I have had my proud moments. For example - I went to Romni yesterday to pick up the crochet hook. That's all I bought!!! I actually went to Romni Wool and walked out getting change for a $5 bill. When has that ever happened? Never before yesterday!!! Don't think I wasn't tempted. They had some yummy dyed laceweight tencel in a blue/purple colourway that has my name written all over it. But I left it there. I don't know how I did but I did. I probably will go back and get it at some point in the future but I resisted yesterday. I'll take this one step and one day and one decision at a time.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your yarns are beautiful.

    What kind of yarn is this? I would love to order some myself.

     
  • At 8:16 p.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    Patty,

    The yarn is Silk City Supramerino. According to the label it's 100% mercerized extra fine merino wool. It is very fine with 7,500 yards per pound. elann.com had it on their website beginning June 26th but it sold out in under an hour, I believe. Keep watching their site because they might bring it back if they can get their hands on more of the stuff. You never know. Hope this helps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL