Tuesday, July 03, 2007

More WIPs

I really do have enough works in progressbut that didn't stopped me from starting two new ones today. This morning I started the July sock from the Sockamania Club. The yarn is the Lucy Neatby sock yarn I bought last week. You can't see the pattern very well but it's the snake or wavy cable. The pattern is easy to remember and since I can do the cables without a cable needle it is moving along. I should be able to get to the heel tomorrow. That is if I don't spend too much time working on the second project I started today.

After some help from my Snb group I decided on the needles and yarn I will be using for the mystery stole 3 pattern. I did a test swatch with 3.25mm needles and 2.5mm needles. I am using the elann.com Peruvian Baby Lace Merino in the parchment colour. When I did the swatch with the 3.25mm needles I tried 3 different colour beads - maroon, gold, and clear. Paul and Joseph preferred the gold. Most of the ladies in my Snb preferred the clear. I decided on the clear and I decided to use my KnitPicks Options in the 2.75mm size. I've completed row 50 and am ready to start the second chart. I need to find a size 13 crochet hook. I have a size 14 now and it fits through the beads but it is a bit of a challenge getting the yarn through without it splitting. The size 12 hook is too big. I went to 4 different places today looking for size 13 hooks and no luck so far. I will try again tomorrow. I hope I manage to find it because it will make adding the beads so much easier.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:46 a.m., Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Both the socks and the shawl look great. I haven't knit lace yet... dying to try though. Is it hard?

     
  • At 12:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw the start of this at SnB on Tuesday. It is really lovely. I like it with the clear beads as well. Good Luck on Stage 2.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL