Monday, June 25, 2007

Summer or Socks??

I didn't know about Summer of Socks in time to join but that doesn't mean I can't knit socks. This sock is from the Sensational Knitted Socks book. The yarn is Sock It To Me. The pattern is just a chevron pattern but I like the way it is coming out.

To continue the Summer of Socks theme, I finally caved in and bought 2 balls of the Tofutsie sock yarn. All the colours are so nice it isn't easy to decide which one to get. I was actually amazed that this yarn was 100 grams. The first time I saw this stuff and I was told the price I thought it was a lot of money for a 50 gram ball of sock yarn. I was very surprised when I was told it was 100 grams. The yarn is really packed into that ball. I am also told there is a lot of yardage so it goes a very long way. I saw a pair of socks done up in a pale pink colour and it feels so nice. I think I will knit up a pair once the chevron socks are done.

Along with the sock yarn I bought buttons for the Rocketry sweater. I love these buttons. I was trying to pick something that is cute but not too feminine. I am wondering if Elisheva will ever get to wear the sweater. The size is 6 to 9 months but size is rarely true to age. Shmuel Dovid tells me she was close to 10 pounds when they had her by the doctor and it is summer now. I fear by the time fall arrives she will be way to big for the sweater. If the buttons are more neutral it can still be worn by a future brother or sister, when the time comes. I think these buttons go well with the sweater. Now I just have to get them sewn on.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:05 p.m., Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    How much were your tofutsie? My LYS (new one) wanted 17.95$/skein. I thought that was a bit much. How much in TO?

     
  • At 6:08 a.m., Blogger kimbelina said…

    I love the buttons -- they're perfect for the sweater.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL