Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Belated Birthday Party

Last night was our Snb. Ramona joined us for the first time. For those of you that don't know, Ramona is the person I was spoiling for SP10. She fit right in with the rest of us.

My wonderful group decided to have a surprise belated birthday party for me. Just look at the great stuff they got me.

I love coconut. Mix coconut and lime and it's heavenly.
The lipstick is a Viva Glam V a light pinkish colour that is really great. I don't think I have ever touched a softer yarn than the Sublime. I am going to use it to knit a hat and socks for Elisheva.
I tried the tea this morning when I got to work. I am only going to use one word to describe it, YUMMY!!
I think the scheepjes yarn speaks for itself. It will become a great pair of socks. I just have to live with it for a while before I decide what stitch pattern I want to use. I have started collecting the left over sock yarn to make a blanket like Robyn was working on when I met her at the TTC Knit A Long.
Just look at the pink alpaca yarn. It is almost as soft as the Sublime. I have to be reminded of the yardage and then I can figure out what I want it to become.

The fibre Maggie dyed just for me. Isn't that just the sweetest thing? I can't tell you how much I love the colours. We have totally different tastes in colours and I think we've spent enough time together by now that she got it just right.

I can't express how much last night meant to me. I never have been very good with words but our snb group is the best bunch of people you would ever want to meet. I am so blessed to have them as my friends and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.


On the knitting front, the Forest Path Stole is off the needles!!! I still have to block it but that's alright. Just knowing the knitting is done is such a relief!!

Knit Picks had some colours of their Shadow yarn on sale. The picture on top is Redwood Forest and the one below is Grape Jelly. I just love these colours. I wanted to order more yarn but the price went back up again so I'll wait for another sale.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:25 p.m., Blogger Micky said…

    Yeah you finished! I am sure it's going to be beautiful when you block it.
    I just started mine.
    :)

     
  • At 6:05 a.m., Blogger Kucki68 said…

    I don't like the loop method or the one with two circs, DPNs are more meditative for me. And while breaking needles is annoying, I love the feel of wood.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL