Sunday, June 10, 2007

One Thing After Another

Yesterday I went on the TTC Knit A Long with Kimberly. We had a blast. I don't have the heart to post about it right now so that will have to wait for another day. I found out last night, when I got home, that Elisheva is in the hospital. I haven't been home much the last few days. Shmuel said he he tried to call me but didn't reach me. My DIL left a message on the phone Friday night but I didn't get the message until I got home last night. It seems Elisheva developed a temperature on Thursday. Shmuel and Anna couldn't calm her down so they called the doctor. The doctor told them to take her to the hospital. The last I heard they think she might have some sort of bacterial infection. Shmuel sounds horrible, as you can well imagine. He's worried sick. He said that when they tried to take blood it took them quite some time and poor Elisheva was screaming her guts out the entire time. Anna's mother is still in NY and I am so glad about that. I want so much to just drop everything and go. I will talk to Shmuel later and see if he wants me to come down now or not. I was planning on driving there after school lets out at the end of the month. I will call later and get an update. They were waiting from word from the pediatrician as to what the tests have shown so far. Poor thing is only 9 days old. Please keep her in your prayers.

Then my brother phoned and left me a message on Friday. I called him after I got off the phone with Shmuel and he told me Yitzchok, his youngest son fell and broke his tibia - shin bone I think Menachem said, on Thursday night. Menachem is pretty upset with how the hospital handled things. They splinted the leg until it could be casted on Friday but when they did it they didn't give the child anything for the pain. I am just a complete non medical person but Yitzchok is about 10 years old, I think. They must be able to give a child that age something for the pain before they go ahead and set a broken leg. He's doing fine now, thank goodness.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:44 a.m., Blogger mjm knitting said…

    that's not good news at all. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    Melinda

     
  • At 2:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Rochelle, my thoughts are with your family.

    Danielle

     
  • At 8:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you had a good time at the TTC thing. Did Robyn bring your package there? Let me know if you got it!

    My thoughts are with you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL