Sunday, June 24, 2007

Final SP 10 Contest

Robyn, our SP10 hostess, has asked us to blog about the 3 yarns we are dying to try. Narrowing it down to three is a little difficult for me. I can think of at least 4. I knit mostly socks and shawls/doilies etc. I rarely knit sweaters and when I knit something thicker than fingering weight it is usually for the grandchildren so it goes quickly.

The sock yarns I really want to try are the Socks That Rock from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. Thanks to Robyn for a generous gift certificate from BMFA, I have 2 skeins of this sock yarn on order. They will be sent to my daughter and hopefully they will be there by the time I go there in July.

The second sock yarn is the Jitterbug sock yarn by Colinette. The colours are just amazing. If there was one thing I would like about this sock yarn is more yardage but I split my balls by weight before I start knitting socks and I knit from the toe up so I am sure a 100 gram hank should be fine. Now I just have to get my hands on some.

The other two yarns are lace weight yarns. The first is Suri Elegance. This is 100% Suri Alpaca lace weight. I believe it is the yarn that was used in the Forest Path Stole. I would just love to be able to try this stuff. I've heard amazing things about this yarn. One of these days.

Finally I would love to try Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace. This laceweight yarn is 50% silk and 50% wool. I've used Jaggerspun Zephyr which is also a 50/50 blend but I would love to try this yarn. Since one skein should be enough to make a triangular shawl I would only need one skein. Now all I have to do it get some. Again, one of these days.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey R - be careful with the Jitterbug. I'm having a devil of a time with pooling. If it doesn't bother you then it's ok, but I've frogged three times now. I also had to frog a complete sock because when I put it on it was too tight. I think the Jitterbug gauge is smaller than normal sock yarn...I used a 2.0mm needle and my favourite pattern.

    Agree with the STR though - would love to try them myself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL