Monday, July 02, 2007

Socks and Mysteries

The chevron socks from the Sensational Knitted Socks book are done. The yarn I used is Super Socks Dazzle in colour 718. The socks in the book looked like they were knit from the same colour yarn. I believe I cast on the first sock at our last Snb so that would have been June 19th. I cast off the second sock today. I am not pleased they took me so long. I can usually do a sock in a few days but I haven't been feeling well and, lately, knitting hasn't been happening as much as I'd like.

Now that these socks are done I can start on the Mystery Stole 3. I have decided to use the parchment colour elann.com Peruvian Baby Lace Merino. I am still trying to decide if I want to add the beads or not. I have some really nice maroon seed beads that I am thinking of trying. I just have to find a tiny steel crochet hook so I can add the beads when needed. I think I will need either the size 13 or 14 steel hook. I did a swatch using 3.75mm needles and I didn't like it at all. Now I am going to try 3.25mm needles and see how that works.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL