Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Meds And Local Yarn Shops

I caved in and went to fill the prescription today. I was having a lot of pain and I am 99% sure the tests are going to come back showing white cells so I started taking the meds today. Now I just hope I won't have to adverse a reaction. I am planning on driving to NYC with Paul and Joseph on Sunday and I don't want to have to worry about a bad stomach from the pills.

What's someone to do when you're waiting for a prescription to be filled? Why go to your LYs of course. Especially if you're lucky enough when the drug store is in the same mall as the LYS. Said LYS being The Knitting Basket at Bridlewood Mall. I really wasn't planning on buying any yarn. I just went to have a chat with Farida while I waited the 20 minutes. That is until this caught my eye. I loved the colourway and I have heard such great things about Lucy Neatby's yarn I just couldn't resist. Thankfully there was only one skein left in the store so I wasn't able to be tempted by more colours.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:31 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When we both get back from Vacation we will have to get that yarn crawl planned!!

     
  • At 8:48 a.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    Sorry you aren't feeling well, I hope that you perk up for your trip!

    The yarn is lovely...sure there isn't any more??

     
  • At 10:21 a.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    Yup, I'm sure. Farida told me someone came and took a bunch of what she had and left that one lonely skein behind. I couldn't leave it there all by itself now could I? She will be getting more in but I have no idea when.

     
  • At 10:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmmm that looks familiar...ROFL

    http://stashaholic.com/2007/06/23/1054.aspx

    Did they have any other of Lucy's masterpieces?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL