Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Who Would Have Thought

For the last 2 days I have gone to 7 different stores looking for a US 13 steel crochet hook. The only place I was able to find one was at Michael's. The catch to that is it's part of a crochet hook set. I don't really think I can justify spending $40 on crochet hooks for just one hook. I called Farida at the Knitting Basket and she checked to see if she can get it for me - she can't. I was just about ready to give up and just deal with the 14 hook when I thought of Romni. They have practically everything there. So I called them and sure enough they have the 13 US steel hook and they are holding one for me. I am going to go over there this afternoon and pick it up. I know the hook will definitely fit through the hole in the pin because I tested the 13 hook from the set at Michael's. I was sooooo tempted to get the set but I just couldn't see myself doing it. Once I pick up the 13 hook from Romni I'll probably find my complete set of Susan Bates hooks. Isn't that the way it always is?

2 Comments:

  • At 4:33 p.m., Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    That always happens to me. I buy something new because I can't find what I'm looking for, and then two or three days later, sometimes longer, I find what I'm looking for. Does Romni take back if you find yours?? I know some places don't have a return policy on needles & hooks. But maybe you can exchange it if you find yours??

     
  • At 4:51 p.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    On the plus side, if you schlepp all the way down to Romni, you might as well check out the bead place on Queen Street!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL