Saturday, July 07, 2007

Tour de Fleece Begins

Today is the beginning of the Tour de France and hence the beginning of the 2007 Tour de Fleece. As I mentioned before, I am going to spin a minimum of 1 hour per day for the next 3 weeks. What will I be spinning, you might ask? It's the fibre Maggie dyed especially for me. Speaking of Maggie, I am going up to her place this morning with Paul and Joseph. I'm bringing the Joy with me and will get started on the hour for today. I'm a little nervous about the trip up. It's the first time Paul and Joseph will be joining me and I so want them both to like Jeremy, Maggie and Alex. Of course, what's not to like but I guess I am being obsessive, as usual. Paul is pretty easy going so I don't think I have to worry about him. Joseph, I hope isn't too competitive or too sensitive. I'll post more later on how things go.

Here is the mystery stole - clue 2 stretched out a little. I feel a little lost that I finished the second clue so quickly and now I have to wait until Friday before I can work on it again. I have other things to do. I decided to rip out the July socks that I was knitting on the 2.5mm needles and go with the 2mm needles. I think when I do the heel I will work it with the 2.5mm. It was just too big on the larger needles and I couldn't get used to knitting socks with the larger needle. It's amazing how much different just .5mm makes in how a needle feels. I felt like I was using sticks or something. It's hard to explain. I just didn't like it and wasn't enjoying the knit. I'm almost caught up on the second sock to where I was on the first when I ripped it out.

P.S. I took advantage of the fact we will be gone most of the day to finally try and block the Forest Path Stole. The colour is totally off because the stole is wet. I am hoping it will be dry by the time Joseph has to go to bed tonight. Especially, since the stole is now covering a good portion of his bed. I had to block it folded in half. I don't have a space big enough for the stoles full length and my back was aching enough by the time I finished pinning with it half the length. I don't think I would have managed it fully stretched. I'll take pics tomorrow outside in the daylight.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:43 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is really looking lovely the mystery stole. The pattern is just gorgeous. It almost makes me want to try lace. Maybe next year if I can ever figure out what a yo....etc means lol. Happy spinning for 2007 Tour de Fleece enjoy the Tour de France as well DH watched it and love it

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL