Monday, August 06, 2007

SP11 Questionnaire

Here are is the questionnaire for SP11. Please be sure to post it in a spot on your blog where your pal can easily find it. Since your pal will use this to help create your packages you'll want to have it posted to your blog no later than August 15th.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? soft natural fibres - merino wool, silk, alpaca, cotton etc.

What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? mohair, virgin wool, acrylic

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a ziplock pouch that a friend made for me.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I've been knitting for almost 40 years. My mom taught me one summer so I wouldn't bug her. She needed to keep me occupied.

Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I consider myself advanced except for colour knitting. I don't do colour knitting at all.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, it's under my email address yosemite55 AT hotmail DOT com. I have a wish list on Amazon and Chapters.Indigo.CA

5. What's your favorite scent? I like lavender/lilac, coconut, lemon, citrus scents if you're talking for shower gels and the like. If you mean perfume I'd have to say Beautiful or Norell. I don't believe that Norell is available in Canada. I've never seen it since I moved here.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes but I try not to eat candy of any kind anymore because once I start I can't stop.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Yes, I learned to spin in November 06 using a top whorl spindle. I now have many spindles, an Ashford Joy & Louet Victoria spinning wheel. I also am experimenting with dyeing yarn.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Country, Rock, Classical, most types except rap which I don't even think is music. Yes, I have an MP3 player.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Lavender and purple are my favourite. I am not fond of green.

10. What is your family situation? I live in Toronto with my husband of almost 16 years and our 12 year old son. I have 6 children that are in New York City and 7 grandchildren.

Do you have any pets? No. I'm allergic to cats and I live in a small apartment so there is no room for pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves and ponchos but I don't usually wear hats or mittens.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, shawls, and doilies, tablecloths, anything lace.

13. What are you knitting right now? The Mystery Stole 3, Sockamania Club's August sock, Moon Dance Stole from Pink Lemon Twist.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? This is a difficult one to answer. I don't dislike receiving handmade gifts, I just don't usually receive handmade gifts.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circular needles and my favourites are Addi's and Knit Picks Options. Since I learned how to do magic loop I don't use dpns unless I have intricate cables that I can't execute with just my hands.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, I have both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I have an intarsia sweater I tried to knit for Joseph about 10 years ago but I never finished it because I can't stand colour knitting.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Victoria Day because it is close to my birthday and that means I sometimes have the day off work.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Unicorns and monopoly games are the first things that popped into my head.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I can't think of any books right now but I love lace and socks and I have a lot of books on both subjects. There are some new books coming out that look interesting. IK is releasing a best of from their first 10 years in publication and that looks interesting as well.

What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Knitters, Interweave Knits and Spin-Off.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would like to learn needle felting. I still haven't gotten around to trying it.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I love to knit socks and only knit using the magic loop method now. I wear a size 8 shoe. I believe my foot length is about 9 3/8 inches and because I am a fluffy knitter and I have flat feet, the widest point when measured is about the same.

23. When is your birthday? May 22

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Yes, yosemite55.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL