Wednesday, August 15, 2007

August Sock One Complete

After many trials and tribulations I have finally completed the first sock. Sock yarn is Elann Esprit colour Caribbean Surf and the pattern is the Spiralling Socks. It's the August sock pattern from The Sockamania Club. The recipient of these socks is allergic to all animal fibres so we discussed it and decided this would be a good yarn choice. The socks are for my Hogwards Sock Swap pal and she is in Ravenclaw so this is colour we chose. I am not sure how much the pattern shows up. I did do the sock toe up. I have to figure out how to change the heel so I can continue the swirl on a toe up heel with the heel construction I use but that will come when I have more time to think about it. For now I am happy with the result and am finally happy with the yarn so I can hopefully knit the second sock without the adventures of the first.

Tonight is Stitch n Pitch in Toronto and I am actually looking forward to it. I don't tend to go to ballgames and my son, Joesph, went nuts when he heard I was going. He kept yelling "They got you!! You see, this is how they get you!!" He's a muggle and you'll have to excuse him. He just doesn't get it. He's also 12 and maybe that's part of it but he will, most likely, always be a muggle so all bets are off as to whether he will ever get it or not. I am going to work on the second sprialling sock and hopefully I won't mess up. I am having a bit of a challenge because the spirals go in the opposite direction for the second sock and I have to keep remembering it every other row when the stitches shift. I have the challenge mostly on the first and seventh rounds.

I went to BeadFX after work yesterday. I've been wanting to go there for the longest time but could never find the place. I had the time, was in the area, so I called them to get exact directions. Now that I know where the place is, I will definitely be going back. Someone else also advised me to try The Bead Lady in Newmarket and perhaps I will try and get there one of these days when I go up to Keswick to see Maggie.

Next Tuesday is our 16th wedding anniversary. I wanted to go up to Aurora and see The Yarn Harlot and when I was thinking of going, and REALLY looking forward to it, it somehow had not clicked that next Tuesday was the 21st and our anniversary. Now I am so torn. I don't know what to do. I'll talk to Paul about it and we can decide together what we think is best.

I've completed clue 6 on the mystery stole and I will be very interested to see how this is going to be finished off. There are 20 sts left to join and by the time the last 20 sts are joined there will be 194 sts on the needle. Melanie had mentioned the way to tell if you wanted to enlarge or shorten clu 4 is that it would be about 1/3 done. I imagine there will be some sort of edging after this wing is complete and I thought there was just one more clue to go. I can't wait for Friday and I MUST complete the spiral socks by Friday so I can get back to work on the stole.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:24 p.m., Blogger Pirk said…

    Love the colors of your sock.
    It looks yummy. I have three socks on the go, and taking up another KAL, the Campanula one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL