Sunday, August 19, 2007

Shopping Is So Much Fun

After much deliberation I decided to go to Romni Wools this afternoon. My daughter Henny is about to embark on knitting the Great American Aran Afghan. She has all the magazines but it is easier to go from the book XRX sold after all the squares were released. Lettuce Knit didn't have it when I was there on Friday so I went to Romni to find it. I also went looking for some 2mm bamboo needles. I bought some Crystal Palace 35in 2mm bamboo needles and I HATE them!!! It's really disappointing. The join is horrible. I am going to call Romni tomorrow and see if I have any options. I am guessing that I don't because so far as I know needles are usually not returnable.

I also found some new sock yarn (new to me anyway). It's Regia Galaxy Color. I bought one ball of colour 1554 - Jupiter Indian Color. It looks so cool. I can't wait to knit a sock out of this stuff. I am interested to see how it will turn out.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:39 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Those look so cool! I've never seen them before, either. I like the red ones.

     
  • At 12:32 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I haven't seen the Regia Galaxy Color either. I like them!

     
  • At 4:40 p.m., Blogger Miss Mandy Ravenclaw said…

    I myself have tried the Crystal Palace bamboo circs and found them absolutely horrible. They ruined metre or so of this beautiful cotton lycra sock yarn when I tried to take the yarn off the needles because the yarn wasn't going past the join. Good luck and I hope you are were able to return them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL