Sunday, September 16, 2007

Before & After

The bag is done!! I can't even begin to express how pleased I am with the final result. I don't think the pictures can show just how well this bag felted. I was a little worried. I put the bag in the washer (top loading) with a pair of jeans and another pair of pants. I checked it about 8 minutes into the washing and it didn't look like it had felted at all. So, I changed the washing time to longer, added a t-shirt and shorts and just left it to finish the load. When I took the bag out I couldn't believe my eyes. It looks perfect! It is just right as a project bag. I'd have to say it felted to about half the original size. I have to get more yarn and make some more of these things.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never tried felting, the bag looks great!!

     
  • At 10:28 a.m., Blogger Vaedri said…

    The bag looks wonderful! I think I have to wait on trying to felt until I'm not relying on a laundromat.

     
  • At 1:00 p.m., Blogger MezzoDiva said…

    Fabulous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL