Monday, October 15, 2007

First Single Ply

I spun half a bobbin of what I think is lace weight singles and decided it was time to wind it off, wash it and see how it turns out before I invest anymore fibre or time. I am so pleased with the result. The yarn look amazing. It came off the noddy virtually straight. There are no twisties here of over spun spots. Now I have to knit something with it and wash it and block it and see how that goes. Then I will spin up the rest of the pencil roving I have and make a shawl or something. This skein is 55 grams. I don't know the yardage. I'll figure that out when I wind it into a center pull ball.

I folded up the wheel and put it back in it's bag yesterday. The wood on the Majacraft wheels is so soft I worry about something falling on it and denting it. Space is at a premium here. Now I have to pull it out and spin more.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 5:24 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    It's perfect, wheeeeeee!

     
  • At 9:11 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TERRIFIC! I love it. I aspire to the greatness of you and Maggie

     
  • At 2:10 a.m., Blogger Maureen said…

    It's beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing what you knit up with it.

    Sorry to hear you missed out on Sock Wars, it was through your blog that I'd read it was back on and so I signed up. First target knocked out and now I'm knitting up for the second.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL