Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fall Fire

It's only Tuesday and it has been a very difficult week so far at work. First, I should clarify I work for someone in the life insurance business. It isn't easy for me when someone calls to tell me someone has passed on. A friend of my boss, whom I have met and spoken to via the telephone many times over the years passed away on Saturday. This one hurts a lot. He was way too young, only 47. He suffered and I know he is at peace now but he was such a fighter. I spoke to him about a week to two weeks ago and he was still cheerful, upbeat, and hopeful. He knew the end was near, I think, but he never let on. He fought to the very end. Then today my boss got a call that another one of his client's wife passed away. This one was totally unexpected and she was also way too young.

When I got home I checked the mail box and this was inside. I had received an email from my secret partner to expect a package but today couldn't have been better timed. The package was sent from Robyn's Nest and I couldn't possibly be more pleased. I forgot to mention the package is from my SP 11 Pal. THANK YOU!!!! I just LOVE IT!! The colour name is Fall fire and it is gorgeous. The pattern, also Fall Fire, is adorable. There's also a few stitch markers in colours to match the yarn. How cute is that?? I can't wait to knit these up but it will have to wait a little while because I have stuff I must finish first.

I am working on a sock pattern that needs to be finished very soon. Then, Joseph needs me to crochet stuff for school and he needs it for November. When in November? I have no clue. He hasn't advised me yet. Then I have a baby blanket I have to do for his teacher's wife who is expecting in November. Looks like I am going to spend another lacevember knitting the Sweet Dreams Baby Blanket. I did the same thing last year. Oh well. Maybe by next year I'll be able to knit something differnet for lacevember?



Entrelac'tober is almost over and have I knit anything entrelac? Not even one stitch and it doesn't look like I am going to have the time to do that either. I need to stop joining and start doing, I think. I will do something entrelac but it isn't going to be by the end of this month. Maybe by the end of the year. Only time will tell.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL