Friday, May 04, 2007

Is It Possible?

If there are any techies out there that know anything about electonics I need help with something. For obvious reasons, I don't usually post about work. I've decided to write about this because I want to know if this is possible. I went for a walk after lunch today and I took my mp3 player with me. When I got back I plugged the mp3 player back into the speakers I have on my desk. The mp3 player is one of those noise cancelling mp3 players and the speakers are small Creative speakers. I was listening to Queen at the time. One of the gentlemen that work in a cubicle down the aisle and around the corner said something like - Can you listen to something more civilized. The drums are driving me crazy. It was so nice and quiet while you were out - So here is the question. Is it possible for the drums or base etc. to sound louder by his desk then it does at mine? This situation has been going on for quite sometime - every since my boss told me it would be alright for me to listen to music in the office. This guy has said that when he comes to pour water from the kettle that is right by my desk the music isn't as loud as it is at his desk. Yet his desk is much further away. Can the music channel through his computer or something? I just don't get it and I was not a happy camper when I heard his complaint. I ended up turning off Queen and putting on Beethoven instead.

The front is done on the sweater and instead of doing the sleeves I've decided to do the neck and bands for one side of the shoulder. I've already joined one of the shoulder seams with a 3 needle bind off. I first tried sewing the seams together but I didn't like the way it came out so I ripped out the bind offs on the front and back and did the 3 needle bind off instead. It looks much better now.

Tomorrow I am off to Gemini Fibres for their spinning clinic. I am going to go with the Victoria. I haven't touched either wheel all week. I was trying to spin the second bobbin on the Victoria so I could ply the blue fibre I dyed and I ran into a problem with the single breaking. So I figured there wasn't enough twist in the single and I tried re-spinning that single. Then the re-spun single broke and I couldn't get that one to stop breaking. I know, still not enough twist. So I said "That's it, I've had enough," and I packed up the Victoria and I figured I will try and figure out what I am doing wrong at the clinic tomorrow. I ordered a bobbin for the Victoria and Cheryl has some other things for me - a Schacht Matchless lazy kate and 2 Forrester spindles. I think if I make it back up there for the Spin In on May 26th I'm going to get some carders then unless I find some when I am away for the Victoria Weekend in 2 weeks.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:48 p.m., Blogger Redford Phyl said…

    Are the speakers leaning against a common wall or partition? We ran into a thing a couple of years ago with my daughter's speakers. They were in the basement and she kept the volume down, but they were touching a wall that contained a wall stud that went all the way up to the second floor and was in the wall by the head of our bed. It was absolutely weird the way the bass beat echoed up that space. Oddly enough, I think she was also playing Queen. We both love Queen, but my spouse doesn't share our music taste.

     
  • At 9:14 p.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    One of the speakers might me against a wall but the gentleman I am referring to is not against that all at all. His desk is partitioned in the back of the office. If the speaker is against a wall it would be the wall with the door that comes into the office. I will try and move that speaker away from the wall and see if that helps.

     
  • At 8:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think your co-worker is full of malarchy. And what bad taste... who doesnt like Queen??? Hope your get your prob solved at work. How was the spinning class today

     
  • At 11:58 a.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    The spinning class was great. I can't wait for the carding class in the fall.

     
  • At 8:38 a.m., Blogger Cyndilou :) said…

    Sound can also carry through the floor, especially if you have a raised or tile floor. Then again, some people are just sensitive to vibrations, and bass/drums certainly provide their share. No perfect solution in a cube environment, I'm afraid, save for headphones if you can get away with them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL