Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My First SP10 Package!!!

After being so upset today look what I found when I checked the mailbox today. Isn't that just the cutest thing you have ever seen? I LOVE the stitch markers. I knit lots of lace and I will make great use out of them. I don't usually change my earrings but I am going to have to make an exception and wear these. The sweaters on knitting needles are great. I have a pin that my husband bought for me years ago that is very similar just on a larger scale and it's gold coloured not silver coloured. The green earrings, well that's my birthstone so what more can you ask for? Let's not forget the card. Take a good look at it. I just love love love it!!! Thank you Secret Pal. This was a wonderful bright spot in my day after what I thought was a horrible mistake. Things always work out in the end.

On the knitting front, the blanket is all done but the blocking, as I mentioned earlier today. You can actually see the minty green colour in this picture. Whenever I try to take a picture of something that is such a light colour it usually ends up looking white. This colour is pretty accurate. I guess that's because the sun was shining when I took the picture.

Finally, I've been playing with Victoria and the more I play with her the more I like her. I am getting used to having to move the slider along the flyer as I spin. With the Woolee Winder on the Joy I don't worry about that. It is much easier than the Joy was because Victoria doesn't have hooks. This is what I've managed to spin so far. The roving is the Polworth I dyed on Sunday. I must admit I am very pleased how the dyeing came out, especially since it is the first time I tried to dye fibre all by myself. I think the next time I am going to watch it a little more carefully because I left the fibre in the oven for 40 minutes. I think 30 would have been fine so next time I am going to check it after 30 minutes and if the water is clear I'll take it out of the oven. The spun single is pretty good too and since I have not had a lot of time to spin on the Victoria I am extremely happy with the result. Now I have to spin a second bobbin and try plying it and see how it turns out.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really really love that blanket, its such a great gift to give. And you got a great start to your sweater last night!h

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL