Friday, April 20, 2007

SP10 Contest #4

The new SP10 contest asks "What is the oldest yarn in your stash? Show us a picture, tell us when you bought it and why you bought it. (Was there an intended project or that it just called your name and you wanted to own it just to pet...)..." So here is the oldest yarn in my stash. I bought it from Elann back in 1999. (I had older stuff but I gave all of it to my daughter over the years). I did not have a project in mind when I bought it but at the time I had just started knitting lace and I had never knit or had silk. Laceweight yarn was not easy to come by then either at least not that I was able to find. I remember not liking the smell of it when it got wet but that's not why I haven't knit something from it yet. I just haven't decided what pattern is right for this yarn as of yet.

As far as knitting goes, I actually managed to get some knitting done this week. Will wonders never cease. I finished all the blocks on the blanket and just have the floral border and garter stitch top edge to go. I've already started the floral border and I hope I will get that section done tomorrow night. I should get all the knitting done on this by the end of the weekend. I can't wait till I can cast off and tuck in the ends.

Now I just have to figure out a baby sweater to make. I am open to suggestions.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:09 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The oldest yarn in my stash comes from the early 1970s. It is actually wool for needlepoint but it was part of a knitted hat pattern in a McCall's magazine. It is typical 1970's colors - flaming orange, screaming turquoise, flourescent violet and cat-sick yellow. I still have the pattern book and yarn. I'm totally clueless as to why I have save it all these years. I'm so glad my color-sense has improved a bit with age! :-)

     
  • At 10:27 a.m., Blogger kimbelina said…

    I can't believe the blanket's almost complete -- it looks fabulous. As for baby sweaters, what about the Pea Pod Baby Set from last summer's Interweave?

     
  • At 11:33 a.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    Funny you should mention that Kimberly. That is one of the patterns I was looking at last night. I just have to decide based on how much yarn I will have once the blanket is done so I will make a final decision this weekend.

     
  • At 11:18 p.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    I really like the color of the yarn. I am lame and have a stash that is not that old. A large, newish stash. But do you think I could find the oldest stuff to photograph?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL