Sunday, April 08, 2007

More Samplers

I have been busy knitting samples from the Barbara Walker Treasury books for the Barbara Walker Treasury project. I have two more samples that are blocking and once they are dry I will post those to the group. I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton on these swatches and I like the way they turned out. If I don't join them all together they will work as dishcloths, if I decide that's what I want to do with them. This is Christmas Tree from the first book.
This is Filigree Lace from the first book.
This is Frost Flowers from the first book.
This is Shell Lace from the first book.

This is Fan Lace from the first book.

This is the Six Pointed Star from the 4th book.

I had such a difficult time with the star. I think I was reading more into the pattern than was needed and I kept thinking it wasn't coming out right. I finally decided I needed to get it done and just trusted in the pattern and my knitting and voila it is done. I think the colours could have been better but I like purple and I like the pink. It is better in person than it shows in the picture.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:40 p.m., Blogger LadyLungDoc said…

    Wow! I think they all look great, star included [although maybe blue and white would work better ;)]

     
  • At 2:56 p.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    I was originally doing it in green and yellow. It was too ugly and I couldn't continue with it. I liked this better and it was from my stash so it worked for me.

     
  • At 9:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The samples look great, including the star! I can see how the star might be tricky to knit.

     
  • At 6:46 p.m., Blogger Micky said…

    Very beautiful work!
    I really love that star!
    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL