Monday, April 02, 2007

Favourite Knitting Pattern

Robyn, our SP10 hostess, has asked us to post about our favourite and least favourite knitting pattern. Anyone that has reads my blog will probably know the answer to my favourite knitting pattern. Hands down that has to be the Sweet Dreams Baby Blanket from the Spring 1997 issue of Interweave Knits. I just love it and think it is so magical. Whenever I know someone is having a baby and I want to knit something for them I make that first. I am in the middle of one for my grandchild that is due in May and I made one for Mati. He was born at the end of January. All of the individual motifs are from the Barbara Walker Treasuries. I can't say enough good things about this pattern. I charted out the individual motifs years ago when I made my second blanket. The pattern is easy to follow and each time I make it I am amazed at how gorgeous it is. Will post on my least favourite later tonight or tomorrow.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those baby blankets are gorgeous! I might have to hunt down that issue one of these days.

     
  • At 6:54 p.m., Blogger Micky said…

    Absolutely beautiful!
    Why are all the good patterns in way back issues?
    :)

     
  • At 6:12 p.m., Blogger Clara said…

    Hi Any chance to get a copy of this pattern, have looked the internet over for it! I must make this for my baby
    I hope you can help

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL